Special Research Projects and other affiliated programs with the Department of Plant Pathology:
- Feed the Future Innovation Lab, Climate Resilient Chickpea
- Designated Emphasis in the Biology of Vector-borne Diseases (DEBVBD)
- National Plant Diagnostic Network
- Phytophthora Ramorum and Sudden Oak Death
- The Laboratory for Crop Genetics Innovation and Scientific Literacy
Cooperative Extension and Resources:
The Department of Plant Pathology Cooperative Extension provides certain Plant Pathology and Nematology educational materials to growers, Farm Advisers, Pest Control Advisers and to the public. This information would aid in disease diagnosis, proper sampling procedures for submission to diagnostic labs, and the principles of epidemiology and disease management that underlie the University’s Pest Management Guidelines.
- Plant Disease Clinic (PDC):
- The Plant Disease Clinic is a free diagnosis service provided by graduate students in the UC Davis Department of Plant Pathology. Additional support comes from faculty in the Dept. of Plant Pathology and Graduate Students in the Dept. of Entomology. Together, the plant disease clinic is comprised of over 25 members. More information is available here.
- Dr. Walter Gubler’s Fruit Crop Fungicide Trials:
- Each year, Dr. Gubler’s lab publishes results for various fruit crop fungicide experiments. The findings are available here.